Friday, February 13, 2015

One Word

Have you ever thought about how just one word can change your life? Or have an impact on a life?

Even just ONE word? It amazes me.

Here is an example from awhile ago. In 2009, I was seeing a therapist. He showed me some things in my life that needed healing, and it was just confirmation of things God had begun in my life many years earlier. When I first saw him, for about three weeks, I ran on adrenaline. Not great. I lost a lot of weight due to not being able to eat, due to the adrenaline happening. Then one night, I was wandering around Walmart and HUNGRY ... for the first time in three weeks! I wanted to eat everything in sight!!

I was scared I WOULD! So I sent a text message to him, telling him what I wanted to do, eat everything, and he sent a text message back saying, Don't! ... You know what? That is all it took. I didn't.  Just that one word made a difference.

Here is another one. Awhile ago, I was having some issues with a person really close to me, and I mentioned it to a friend. She sent a text message to me one time, just IN time, and perfect timing, and all it said was Humble. hmm Or maybe, Be humble.  That is all it took. It reminded me of the scripture verse that says, God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.

James 4:6

I don't know about you .. But I sure don't wish for God to actively be apposed to me! I could use all the grace I can get. So now, if this person and I are having issues, I remember this, and am eternally grateful to my friend for sending that message at just the right time. That one word.

Can you share of a time when a person said one word to you that made a difference in your life?

Oh, back to the word Don't! Ever since that time, so many years ago, there have been many occasions when I am about to do something I shouldn't, and that word will come back to me, and it will be THE thing that keeps me from doing something I shouldn't. Isn't God amazing? I love Him.

Hope you have a blessed night.
Donna 


No comments: