Thursday, January 22, 2015

     I did something brave yesterday. I posted this blog site publicaly. Not that I write here very much. I keep thinking I will, but then I get scared and don't. But speaking about brave. I just read this really cool book called, Let's All Be Brave, by Annie F. Downs. I originally bought it for me, but then felt led to give it to one of my daughters. She read it and liked it, and was going to send it to one of her cousins. The cousin moved, and I asked her if I could read it. It is so good!

     So, I will try and be brave and write!

     Since this is still January ... I will tell you what I have been doing so far this year, new for me, and things I am keeping on with.  I have begun doing crunches. I know it isn't much, but I can feel a difference in my back. And I feel stronger. And it is giving me more energy for other things. It is a small beginning, but one I have been consistent to do so far this year. Also, you know how when you begin and exercise anything? And at some point your muscles begin to hurt? In the past, I have always quit. For the first time, I think ever ... I went past that, and have kept going. So that is cool.

     I am also beginning an online study through a book called Keep It Shut, by Karen Ehman. It's through Proverbs 31 ministries if you are interested. What to say, how to say it and when to say nothing at all. Sigh. Yes, I need this and felt led to do this. Too often I talk too much. So here is to this new adventure as well.

     Another thing that has been consistent this year is going through one of those daily read it through the Bible books. Normally already by now I have quit. So far, so good.

     Another interest that I am learning more and more about, is essential oils. We have been using them for just about a year and for the most part, the children and I have not been sick during this past year. It is amazing.

     And .. A huge thing in my life over the past year and four months has been a change of eating for me. I have never before stuck with any diet or way of eating for this long ever in my life before now. It is called Trim Healthy Mama. I have lost about 35 pounds give or take a few, depending on the day. This whole journey deserves it's own post, so hopefully I will get to that soon.

     So, how has your new year begun? I would love to hear! Oh, one more thing. I asked God for a word for the year ... It is TRUST.  I am looking forward to see what this new year holds.
     May God richly bless you and keep you till His return.

   

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome!! You Post it, and I'll read it!!

Elizabeth said...

That's great!! This year (six years later) has begun well, I think. Lot's of movies and going to Mass and getting to spend time off with family. Except for Providence, I would be out of state even now. God bless you abundantly.